Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Heart Full of Sin.

I was thinking today how every inclination of mans heart is evil...

"...Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done." Gen 8:21
I like to think of myself as different. I like to say that because I am saved, redeemed and in love with my redeemer that this scripture doesn't apply to me. Or worse I think this scripture doesn't count for my children because they are covered by me, their parent, as a believer until they get to the age of accountability.

But...

That is FALSE doctrine.

period.

God says that EVERY inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. This was after the flood... he was talking about US... those that would come after Noah.

Just yesterday this was made crystal clear to me as I was driving down the road and thinking of ways to "answer" for a decision I had made that would make someone displeased with me. I was rolling it over in my mind almost unconsciously thinking of the different ways I could explain my reasoning. Then, like a flashlight being turned on my thoughts the holy spirit brought to my conscience mind what I was absentmindedly thinking.

I was scheming a LIE!

A bold faced LIE. I was thinking of every possible way I could lie to this person so I could keep them from being irritated and still keep my decision. Yep... one of my finer moments.

The interesting thing is, I was doing it without conscience. It was my natural inclination to save my behind from confrontation that would be uncomfortable. This certainly comes under the category of evil sin.

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart" Hbr 4:12
So today, I am thankful for my redeemer, who COVERS that sin for me and for my children. That very inclination of my heart to lie, self serve, or gossip is covered by his sacrifice, his love.I just want to worship him more today, to sing his praises because of that great covering. I am longing for home, where the inclinations of my heart will no longer be evil, but until then, I've just gotta sing his praises.

I still have the song from yesterday's post on my mind. I can't stop singing it. So You get it again today! Love love love this song. Sing it with me!





Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment