Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Desperate Moments

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:6-7

I was in  a bad place yesterday. I allowed my frustration, fear, and exhaustion to overtake me. I remember at one point I locked myself in the bathroom just to have a few minutes of peace. Sometimes it feels like I am pulled in every direction with out stop from first thing in the morning till late into the night. Everyone want's a piece of me. It can feel like I'm being pecked to death by chickens.

Can you relate? I'm sure you can.



While taking 3 minutes to hide, I cried out in desperation to God. "Lord, I need you. I am empty, angry, lost, and tired. Help me to serve my family, help me to do what you would have me do..."  I continued pouring it out while children called to me from the other side of the door, dinner was needing attention, the phone was ringing, and my husband was due to walk through the door any minute. I felt like a failure. What had happened to my day? My plans? My to-do list? I just couldn't go on any further with out the strength from my God.

And you know what? He gave it to me.

There were no lightning bolts. There was no audible voice. There was just a quiet peace that came from no where. Suddenly I was able to joke with my 9 year old, snuggle my 3 year old, tease my 6 year old, make dinner, greet my husband at the door, and answer the phone with out a total break down. If you had seen me before those 3 minutes of desperate prayer you would have seen the Miracle Transformation  that it was.

What happened? My problems that I was worrying about hadn't been solved. My need to get more done than was humanly possible hadn't changed. The only thing that changed is I cried out to my savior.

And HE Answered. 

He answered in a way that no one else would have known or seen. He answered ME. He touched ME. He was there with ME.

He did exacly what he promises to do. He was WITH me.

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."Mathew 28:20b
God is always faithful to his promises. Love him for it today!


1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written! Oh I love this! God is a miracle worker- the small miracles are the biggest! =)

    ReplyDelete