Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Thoughts from the Beach-The Glory


Have you ever been struck by how amazing God really is? His Glory is everywhere, if we choose to look. These are some of the scriptures that came to me as I pondered this while sitting on the beach early one morning.
"I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple." Isa 6:1

"Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all." 1Ch 29:11

"Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness." Psa 29:2

"Nevertheless, as surely as I live and as surely as the glory of the LORD fills the whole earth," Num 14:21

"Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking." Ezekiel 1:28

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." Romans 1:20



I woke up this morning Anxious to be on the beach. Have you ever smelled the Pacific Ocean in the Morning? The Air is Crisp and salty. The sand is cool  and the only sound I hear are the gentle lapping of the water along the shore, a distant boat, and the cry of a bald eagle who is sitting high above me in the top of a tree.
Oh this place is peace to me. Gentle. Calm. Natural.

God's Brilliance is evident in this place. How amazing is our Creator.

I know when he formed and fashioned this very beach he made it with me in mind. He knew the peace and happiness I would find here in my retreat... so he made it.

You see God is just that intimate, and just that big.

Who can fathom his wondrous limitless love? Or understand his bounty. He loves. He is love.

Thank you Lord for this place. Your glory is evident here.

The train of the Lord fills the temple...

1 comment:

  1. It is all about lifting him up, all about his glory. I sense his presence so strongly when in his creation! Love this Kari, you brought me with you to the beach just now. =)

    ReplyDelete