Friday, August 12, 2011

Purpose

I love Psalm 138:8

"The LORD will fulfill his purposes for me..."

Let that hang in your mind for a minute. It's not YOU who will fulfill your purpose in your life. It's the LORD. Doesn't that give you a bit of freedom? It sure does me.

I think sometimes we can get caught up in the search for our purpose.

We seek where we are supposed to serve.
We Pray for a direction in our purpose.
We seek the right fit.
We think we will feel fulfilled when we find it.

Sounds more like searching for a pair of jeans...

But that isn't what the word teaches. It teaches us that we are to serve where we can, love everybody, follow the Lord explicitly, and that GOD almighty will fulfill in us the purpose he has for us.

That is PURE FREEDOM to know that it's up to God to work and direct us. So what is our part in this?

If you know me at all, you know that I adore Beth Moore. I have learned so much from her over the years of doing her bible studies. But one thing she says that sticks in my mind goes something like this..."If we are just all out loving God with everything we've got, and living to serve him, we can't help but run smack into our purpose."

Love that.... It's still all about loving him. 

"May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance." 2 Th 3:5


Blessings ~








2 comments:

  1. EXACTLY!! love that quote from my home girl Beth. May be stealing it...now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminder that God is in control and knows what is best for us Kari. I was just telling someone the other day. The fastest way to spiritual exhaustion is running down the path that you have chosen for yourself. This life really isn't about us. It's about God first, and then His will in our lives blessing others.

    ReplyDelete