Wednesday, September 15, 2010

TITHING OUR TIME

Have you ever thought about tithing your time? 

If we were to tithe our time to God in direct prayer and bible study that would be 2 hours and 40 minutes of time a day to give to God.
What could I accomplish in my spirit if I did this? 

What leaps of faith could I make? How would that change me? 

Truly, I do wonder if we should tithe our time instead of our money. I mean, I know we could all use more money, but I believe we are more protective these days of our time. I know I am. I think I love it more. I never seem to have enough of it. And I tend to covet those who seem to have more time. I just don't ever know how they get everything done and still have time to look beautiful?? 

I get annoyed at how long it takes to brew my coffee, get my computer to boot up, my kids to get in the car, and even how long it takes to read this blog post. Please tell me I'm not the only one?? Crazy isn't it? 

I mean we have invented all of these things to help us to get things done faster and we end up becoming a slave to that very thing.

But Christ came to set us free! So let's be free!! Maybe God isn't calling you (or even me) to tithe a full 2 hours and 40 minutes of prayer and study time a day, but there are days I don't even spend an hour, 1/2 an hour, or 15 minutes,before I'm done and on to the next thing that keeps me so busy. That is wrong. It's sin, and I am now confessing it. 

Jesus is my most important relationship. I love my husband and children, but I can't be the wife and mother they need without filling my soul with the Love of God each day. 


Luke 5:16 But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.

Oh how I need to be more like my Jesus. I need to withdraw to lonely places and pray... Often. Pray with me my friends that I can be more faithful with my time. 

Blessings on you today!
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment