Friday, October 14, 2011

Your Story


"In your presence I find my peace." I found myself saying that while praying this morning.

In HIS presence peace is found, my heart is made right, and my hope is always restored. And, I can somehow miraculously deal with the world and it's demands better. I even see the troubles I have in a different light and I am renewed.

So why do I wait so long to go there? Why do I wait until I am about to burst with anxiety before I seek his presence? Before I look to him and devote myself to his word?

Why? Why? Why?

I have no answers except what Paul says
"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do."  Romans 7:15

Can you relate?

I Mean really, if I am stressed about whatever is happening in my life, why do I not immediately go to the ONE who knows the end of my life? He knows the story. To him my life is not a mystery. He has already seen what the end of my days will bring. Why then do I resist and fight to get comfort, peace and knowledge that can only come from the ONE who is the writer of my story? Seems pretty silly when I put it in those terms. Don't you think? 



I hope you have spent time getting to know the Author of your story today. Because, I promise you it is a fantastic story with an amazing ending! It's gotta be good if angels even long to look into it!


Blessings friends!








P.S. Hope you enjoy this great new song from Casting Crowns!

1 comment: