Friday, July 16, 2010

Have you Surrendered All?

Gen 22:16-18 "I swear by myself, declares the LORD, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."



This is something that I think I am learning continually. That when I fully surrender over to Him that thing I hold closest to my heart,  that he is good and kind and gives it right back to me. But when he gives it back to me it is even better than it was before. And what HE gives cannot be taken away. Glory to Him! I know that this is not unusual, Abraham was not the only one asked to give over that which he loved more than life. We are all called to do this in everything that has potential to be held in our heart over God. He has the right to be first in our heart.



F.B Meyer says it like this in speaking of Abraham's Sacrifice  " It is simply a specimen and pattern of God's dealings with all souls who are prepared to obey Him at whatever cost"


So my question for you today is: What are you holding on to that God is asking you to surrender? and Are you prepared to obey him at whatever the cost, even if it means giving over that one thing you hold the most dear?

Blessings to you today dear blogger friends!

2 comments:

  1. I find that I am constantly in a state of surrender. It is SO difficult (at least for me) to give things to the Lord, and not try to pick them back up again. I am SO human, and still learning to surrender...fully. Every single time I catch myself trying to "pick something up again," I stop and pray, and re-dedicate myself to having complete faith. Why is it so hard to obey, when God's love and protection is ever-present?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful topic! And yes to quote Cindy above this is sooo hard to think you have given something to God but then catching yourself still worrying about it!! This gets me all the time! I know God is taking care of it so whats my problem???

    ReplyDelete