Friday, July 1, 2011

Bounty and Blessings

Good Morning Friends! I love this time of year don't you? The weather warms and the flowers bloom and, my favorite part...the STRAWBERRIES ripen!

I love eating them plain right out of my garden, slicing them on strawberry shortcake, and dipping them in sour cream and brown sugar... I know that last one sounds a bit strange, but trust me it is amazingly delish!

Last night I picked the days harvest. Look at the bounty that came out of my garden just yesterday!

Strawberries from my Garden! Yum!

 What a blessing! Having this blessing gives me such joy. There is nothing like reaping what you've sown! In years past I haven't planted anything, and didn't get that joy of having a good harvest. 

That got me thinking about my relationship with the Lord. What am I sowing now? Right now? What harvest will I see in heaven? What will last and be enjoyed? What (or who) will I bring to the banquet table? That is what is ultimately important. My life, my work, needs to be rooted in that goal.

Today as I go through my day, I want to think about those strawberries, how much I enjoy them, and how much the Lord enjoys the sowing I do for him. I so want to please him. He is the core of my purpose, and I want to live my life with a Harvest mindset. There is much work to be done, and the time is short. Who are you (and who am I) sowing our love for the Lord in today?

No comments:

Post a Comment